Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sharing a recipe for muffin lovers!

Most of the time you will only see crafts here but I love to bake and I really love muffins! Nothing starts the morning like a good cup of coffee and a delicious muffin. Today I wanted to make some muffins and looked in the freezer and saw that I had one package of zucchini that I put into the freezer last year. I took it out and thawed it and when I started to make my muffins, I noticed that there was only one cup, not two of zucchini so I figured it must have been the last bag I froze. I looked around and on my counter was two ripe banana begging to hop into the mix. I thought I would be good and reduce the sugar and use some unsweetened applesauce instead of oil. I got the last of my precious pecans out that I had been hoarding and chopped them into this wonderful smelling batter. Oh my, the whole time they baked my mouth was watering! Well when a muffin comes out tasting so wonderful hot out of the oven, just imagine how good is was when it cooled! Below is my adjusted recipe. If I had some wheat flour on hand, I would have used half white and half wheat....next time!
Diane's Zucchini, Banana, Applesauce Muffins

3 eggs beaten fluffy
2 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
1 cup zucchini
2 ripe bananas
1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350. Mix the first 4 ingredients together. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and beat. Add zucchini, bananas, and pecans. Put into greased muffins pans and bake for 25 minutes or until done. This makes 24 muffins. I sometimes freeze them in twos and pull out when needed, but lately I know some people who really like my muffins so I share!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh I can smell them now!!!! They look so yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.