Monday, January 28, 2013

Sharing post today Exploring Cricut & Cricut Fanatics

Welcome to another Exploring Cricut Challenge and Cricut Fanatics project. For our challenge at Exploring Cricut , it is a 1, 2, 3, challenge.  You are to make any project you would like using your cricut and cricut cartridges but must include at least 1 embellishment, 2 pattern papers, and 3 cricut cuts. I am sharing a easy Winter tissue box cover. I also have the post today at Cricut Fanatics so I thought I would do this as a joint project. I got this pattern a few years ago from Splitcoast Stampers.  It is easy and fun to change out for seasons and holidays.  I will give you step by step directions with pictures. I am also entering this in the Pumpkinspiceblog.blogspot.com challenge this week.


I use the Walmart brand tissues which is the same size as Kleenex.  You will need to cut (2)  5 1/8 x 9 1/2 pieces of cardstock for you base.
Cut one 9 9/16 square piece of cardstock for the lid.  You will also need (4 ) 4 1/4 x 4 inch pieces of cardstock or pattern papers for the sides.  You will also need one 4 1/4 square piece for the top.
Score your long pieces at 1/2 and 5 inches
I used scor tape, but something that will hold securely to put the pieces together to form base.
You score the lid piece at one inch on all four sides and cut as shown in the picture to fold for the lid.
To form the opening in the top I used Spellbinder dies and used the 3rd one in the set of large ovals.
Put your lid together with scor tape and it will fit on the base.  I go ahead and tape the insides of the lid to secure it to the base so that it does not move or come apart.
I added the side panels and started to decorate.  With the second piece for the top, I added another Spellbinder die labels one middle size for my top.  I embossed the top piece with the snowflake Cuttlebug folder.  Here are the rest of the materials I used.

Winter Tissue Box created by Diane Kielman with pattern from Splitcoast Stampers
Machines used-Expressions 2 machine, Cuttlebug, and Gypsy
Pattern paper-Bo Bunny
Cardstock-Recollections
Other-jewels, ribbons and stickles
Cuttlebug folder-Snowflake embossing
Cricut Cartridges-Art Philosophy- snowflake1 page 22 shift cut at 3.25 and 5 inches  Layer shift cut at 3.25        inches.         
                                                      Snowflake2 page 27 shift cut at 2 inches, layer cut at 1 1/2 and 2 inches
                                                      Letter K cut at 1.5 inches in two colors and just off set from each other
                           Snow Friends-snowman cut at 4.5 inches face stamped with Peachy Keen stamp
                           Sesame St. Seasons-hot cocoa cut at 3.5 inches and removed word hot                                

11 comments:

  1. Love this!!! I am so stealing, er scraplifting, this. I need to make some of these. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! A great way to dress up an ugly tissue box!!

    I do hope you consider linking this up to Shop Pumpkin Spice's Challenge #4 - Blue, White & Something Round. [www.pumpkinspiceblog.blogspot.com] Hope to see you there!

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! I have been working on a tissue box too. I am entering it in your contest, hopefully I will be done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and a great idea, too. I have to try one of these.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds think alike. I have a scheduled post for a Blog Hop happening at Action Wobbles on Wed the 30th. Wait until you see mine!!! I love the shades of blue and the wintery feel. Ours is a Valentines Hop. Hope to see you there!! http://www.action-wobbles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love the snowman and the blues together:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Diane!! I so love the blues, the snowman, snowflake and mug of hot cocoa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane, you have certainly outdone yourself. Great job! When I have more time, I am going to scraplift this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab Diane!! You need to know that I am totally stealing this idea - just like Ian!! TFS :)

    Michelle (DT sister)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think this project is the prettiest one i have seen of its kind. thanks for joining us at the pumpkin spice. we are happy you did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a CUTE idea! Thanks for the tutorial, I may have to try this one for sure! Thanks for joining us at Shop Pumpkin Spice this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.